So I do have a blog, www.bakingmakingetc.com, but it is very broken and I am not a technical wizard so I thought I'd set up another to feed my blogging habit in the meantime!
So what better way to start than with my empties of 2012?
Admittedly I started doing this tail end of January so this is two months and a bits worth of product. I hope to now do this monthly.
I got this idea from Jo-Anne on Beauty Box Swaps, and for everything I use up a shiny £1 is going in to a jar ready for my holiday in June.
I used up 24 products this month and I will review 12 now and 12 in an additional post to curb your boredom!
So, here's the products and my thoughts on them...
1. The Body Shop Deep Sleep Comforting Milk Bath Float-this is a lovely bath milk with a slight bubble and smells of Camomile it's really relaxing for a bedtime bath. It's currently £14 on the website here, and I can highly recommend the pillow spray as well.
2. Aveda After Sun Hair and Body Cleanser-this is a great product I used it for build up and also whilst on honeymoon. It has a lovely citrusy smell. I will repurchase before my Thai holiday in June. It's £16.00 and you can buy it here.
3. Soap & Glory Clean On Me Creamy Clarifying Shower Gel-this product is a huge pump tube and it seemed to last FOREVER! It has the classic Soap & Glory scent and is great value for money. I would probably repurchase but I have loads of shower gel to use up. You can get it for the bargain pus price of £5.50 for 500ml from Boots here.
4. The Sanctuary Mandelular Sensuous Body Scrub-this is a warm lightly spicy scented scrub with rice to scrub away. I didn't really like this product as I found it had the texture of a thick shower gel and so didn't have a great texture for scrubbing. I loved the smell though so may try something else from the range, but I wouldn't repurchase. You can get it in Boots for £6.12
5. The Body Shop Moringa Foaming Bath-I absolutely loved this product as I love all the Moringa product. I have already used up the shower gel on honeymoon last year and am finishing the remnants of the body butter at the moment. It has an amazing tropical flower smell and reminds me of holidays! Definitely will repurchase all of the range. You can get this for £8 which for a 400ml bottle isn't half bad. You can order online here.
6. Radox Muscle Soak Bath Therapy-I bought this one day as a bit of a blast from the past and it's as good as ever! Loads of bubbles and a lovely relaxing scent and good for easing a tired body. The hubby nicked loads of this as well! I would repurchase as its suck a bargain. You can get it half price in Boots at the mo here, for the bargain price of £1.02.
7. Neil's Yard Remedies Seaweed & Arnica Foaming Bath-this is a wonder product for aches and pains and my hubby used most of this for baths post sport. It has a strong medicinal smell which isn't for everyone and it isn't cheap, but I would repurchase as a treat or a gift for the man. It's costs £14 and you can buy from Neil's Yard here, or good department stores like John Lewis.
8. Origins Sensory Therapy Piece of Mind, On-The-Spot-Relief-I absolutely LOVE this product and have repurchased I think 4 times now. It is amazing for instant tension relief in the neck, shoulders and temples. It ha a very strong peppermint smell and feel on the skin. I tend to use it at bedtime when I known a tense neck/face will keep me awake. You can buy directly from Origins, but I always get mine from John Lewis here. It costs £11 and I have already repurchased!
9. Lush Dirty Springwash Shower Gel-this is one the hubby used up and he loved it. He usually uses Olive Branch but he got this in a Christmas gift so has been using this up. It has a fresh spearmint and menthol scent great for morning wake up showers! It is fairly pricey at £4.95 for 100ml but the hubby says he would repurchase but prefers Olive Branch. Buy from the Lush store, or online here.
10. Pantene Pro V Smooth & Sleek High Performance Conditioner-I got this in a travel size for a weekend away and it is a great value conditioner and smells really clean and fresh. I would repurchase especially from the choice of mini conditioners available for holidays and times away. Boots do the small one for £1 or so and they're often on 3 for 2 as well.
11. Sanex Dermo Antiperspirant Deodorant Hypoallergenic-a staple so would repurchase. I love Sanex deodorants and always get mine in the bargain shops like Poundland or 99p stores. I get whichever is in there at the time this one had a particularly good fragrance though really fresh.
12. Charles Worthington Results Mineral Hair Spa-this was a lovely light hair mask with a gorgeous hairdressers smell. I would repurchase as it didn't leave my hair feeling greasy or weighed down, but I think this may be discontinued now as I can't see anywhere to buy it booooooo!
So that's it for now (if you're still with me haha!) I will post soon regarding the remaining 12 products
Thanks for reading!