Looking for something?...

Thursday 5 April 2012

The Sock Bun...

So anyone on instagram? I am and last night after ANOTHER perfect pre bed bun I decided to photograph said bun and put it out there - "why oh why are the best buns always at a time like this, never when you want that no effort special up do?!" Haha!

One follower commented I should try a sock bun.

Now maybe this is me being massively ignorant but I'd never even heard of this before. Several google and YouTube videos later and I am setting to my husband's sock with nail scissors!!

For those not in the know, here's the how...

1. Take one sock similar to your hair colour preferably, and cut the toe end off

2. Roll it up in to a donut shape

3. Slide this over your pony tail

4. Pull back down the pony tail and loop the ends through, then start rolling the sock back over the pony tail, pulling more hair through as you go

5. Continue until you're at your hair elastic, and tease in to shape

6. Fix with hairspray, cute accessory and a smile!

Here's the first attempt....

No comments:

Post a Comment